Sunday, February 27, 2011

Exercises in Style




1. The beginning of my diamondfaces! I took a Cindy Sherman photograph from her Untitled Film Stills series, cut out the face and did what I do best. I want to continue these and play with ideas of photography and identity.
2. Exploring structure found in nature with crystals. An exercise in freedom (no masking tape)! Still in progress.
3. An exercise in simplifying. Result of an extremely rare snow day in Texas; started with a geometric hourglass shape (not an X) as a way of passing my time stuck inside.
4. Progress on my Stag painting; background is pink and glares on sign are metallic. I'll post a better picture when I finish it.

I've been pretty stressed lately and am looking forward to Spring Break, Marfa and my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment